As we all know, external hard drive serves as a portable data storage device, which brings much convenience to our life. It is obviously a disaster if our data lost due to wrong deletion or other manual mistakes. So what should we do if that happens? Don’t worry! You will learn how to recover files from external hard drive step by step in this article. And it won’t cost you much time.
First you should know, your files are directly deleted or lost from external hard drive. So you can not restore your files from your computer recycle bin. Second, recovery software has been considered as the most efficient data recovery method so far. Hence, here below introduces the two most efficient recovery software.
Method 1: Using Jihosoft File Recovery
-Download and install Jihosoft File Recovery to your computer.
-Choose external hard drive to scan.
-Click “Advanced Scan” to choose wanted file type to scan.
-Review showing files list. You can search file by “File Name, Size, Modified Time”. Then click “Recover” to get your data back.
1.Working effectively. Scan out more files within few minutes. Recover deleted files from external hard drive, along with other formatted or lost files.
2.Safe and especially easy to use. No need to worry about data leaking.
3.Quality guarantee: No quality loss of your original data.
Disadvantages: Paid Software
1. Make sure you use well-functional USB cable.
2. Make sure you download the right Mac or Windows version.
3. Make sure your computer is charged during the process or it could caused data loss.
Method 2: Using EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free
-Download and launch EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free.
-Select wanted recovery file type and click “Next” to continue.
-Select external hard drive and click “Scan” to continue.
-Preview showing list and select wanted data to recover.
Advantages: Free software
1. Recovery quantity is limited. You can only recover data up to 2GB.
2. Review files are not guaranteed. Sometimes, you can’t preview your photos because of unknown reason. Thus, working efficiency can’t be guaranteed.
3. The program size is too large. It needs much more space to run this software.
1. Do not use your external hard drive again once you realized data loss!
2. Do not disconnect your external hard drive to computer during the process.
3. If your external hard drive has been endured physical damage, such as water damage. Retrieve data from external hard drive is not possible through this method.
If you want to learn more about “how to recover data from external hard drive”, please view http://www.jihosoft.com/recover-data/recover-photos-and-videos-from-external-hard-drive.html